top of page

Ministry of Municipal Affairs

Although CHID is an independent public corporation, it is also subject to supervision by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (Ministry).  All bylaws passed by the Board of Trustees must be submitted to the Ministry for official record.  Select bylaws must be registered with the Inspector of Municipalities.  These bylaws are not effective until that approval is granted.  In addition, each year CHID’S audited financial statements and the minutes of its annual general meeting are reviewed and filed with the Ministry. 

bottom of page